BUILDING YOUR HOME
CALCULATING CONSTRUCTION COSTS
3 factors that will effect the overall cost of your home:
- Land purchase, legal cost
- Site and Servicing Costs (includes Surveys, Permits insurance, Consulting, development fees Connecting Fees Utilities, Septic, Water supply, Clearing, Driveways, Landscaping, Demolition, Blasting,
- Construction Cost (As discussed above)
Total Construction Costs cover the following:
- Interhabs Package
- Framing Costs Labour
- Plumbing& Heating
- Drywall, Painting
- Floor Finishes
- Wall Finishes
Construction Costs do not include Site preparation lot servicing and land costs.
Reasoning for large range of Construction Costs:
Complexity of Design
- Geographic location, Site Location, Remoteness of your location labour rates.
- Size of your home, the smaller is not always less expensive per sq ft. than a larger more efficient home.
- Decks covered porches; garages all affect the cost per sq ft. of your living area.
- Is your home budget driven or design driven?
- Choices in quality of finishes such as Windows, Mouldings, Doors, Kitchen Cabinets, Fireplaces, Plumbing Fixtures Flooring, can have a large effect on costing per sq ft.
- Design features such as cathedral ceilings and open foyers can cause increases in per sq ft costings as well.
It is extremely difficult to estimate the completed Construction Cost of your Interhabs Home. We feel that building Construction Costs could range from $130 to $250 sq ft dependant on your choices.