Job Posting Date: November 9th, 2020
Interhabs Ltd. is a locally owned and operated company that continues to grow with our community. Our mission is to provide the finest quality wall panels and building products with exceptional service at fair, competitive prices. As our business continues to grow we are eager to expand our team.
As a valued member of our team you will work in our manufacturing facility under general supervision where you will perform a variety of carpentry and labour related duties. These duties include wall framing, cleaning and preventative maintenance to help keep employees safe and equipment in good working condition. On occasion you may be required to work on site under a journeyman carpenter.
- Safely operate a forklift
- Inform immediate Supervisor of material usage throughout the day
- Report any problems found on equipment or in the facility
- Follow all safety rules, including the use of personal protective equipment
- Read blueprints, drawings, and sketches
- Operate carpentry related hand and power tools properly and safely
- Ability to lift or carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Team spirited
- Detail oriented
- Excellent decision-making ability and problem-solving skills
- 1+ years of residential construction experience is an asset
- Trade experience is an asset but not mandatory
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Familiar with construction work (new or renovation)
- Familiar with air compressors, tools and other carpentry equipment
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- A safe work environment
- Competitive wages
- Employee discount at our retail stores
- Paid Holidays and Snow Closure Days
- Clothing budget
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
- Closed Weekends
- Good people to work with!
33 Station road, Hubbard NS B0J 1T0
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Interhabs Ltd is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.