Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Hubbards, NS
As an architectural drafter and designer with Interhabs you’ll help clients bring their dreams to life. From the initial design phase to the complete plan, you’ll create small cottages, large commercial buildings, and everything in between.
· Create preliminary design sketches for conceptual analysis
· Create engineering drawings for Home Plans (we use a panel build manufacturing process)
· Create design specifications, documentation, and material lists
· Estimate material and production costs for designs
· Prepare complete documentation packages for engineers
· Verify drawings are correct to specifications and building codes
Skills & Qualifications:
· Ability to operate computer-aided design (CAD) software
· Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at a time
· Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
· Interpersonal skills to work within a team and work with clients daily
· Time management skills to complete error-free work within the required timeframe
· Communication skills with an emphasis on reading and writing for creating documentation and reports
All drafter positions require a firm foundation in drawing creation, computer-aided design (CAD), and general computer skills. Previous experience working with panelized wall systems and estimating would be considered an asset.
· Competitive wages
· Employee discount at CBS & NSBS
· Employee & Family Assistance Plan
· RSP Plan
· Paid Holidays & Snow Closure Days
· Clothing Allowance
· Opportunities for growth
· Closed Sundays
· A safe work environment
· Good people to work with!
Apply by email to:
Kim Weldon, General Manager
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Interhabs Ltd. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Click to edit text. What do visitors to your website need to know about you and your business?